We wanted to provide an update to our members, given these challenging times, to formally clarify your association’s position and how we intend to proceed with our summer plans.
Your board met by video conference to consider decisions that had to be made now with regards to events this summer. The following motion was unanimously approved:
1. That the USLA Pavilion will NOT be opened at this time and until further notice.
2. It was agreed that the Annual Meeting of members, and the Fireworks display June 27th is cancelled
3. The Annual Craft Sale June 28th be postponed until August 2nd. This is in keeping with the provincial order which restricts gatherings of more than 5 people.
4. As for weekly Aerobics and Yoga, they are cancelled as well until further notice
5. All Swim programs will be postponed until further notice (we will provide updates on timing of programs if they will happen at all, at a later date.)
6. The Annual Regatta will be postponed until further notice
7. All dances and other events (Fishing Derby / Stoney Lake Paddle/Annual Film Presentation) are postponed until further notice.
We appreciate that this announcement may come as a shock to many of you. We also know that circumstances are always changing, and plans could quickly be adjusted accordingly. We ask for your patience and understanding at this difficult time. Please check in on our website USLA.CA frequently for updates.